Sunday, April 15, 2007

Robin Thicke!!!




I went to see Robin Thicke with some friends at the Jazz Cafe last Wednesday. He was late. The doors opened at 7pm and he didn't come out till 9:40pm even though we know for a fact that he was in the building the whole time because my friends had seen him outside when they arrived. It's fair to say that by the time he came on stage, the crowd was a bit disgruntled to say the least but the fact that by the end of his first song, we had all forgiven him for his lateness should give you some indication of how amazing his performance was.

Honestly, I've seen a couple of really great performers live but Robin Thicke was by far the best! He has such a great energy on stage and even though he put on a great performance (very raunchy at times with his hands straying down towards his crotch during 'Teach you a lesson'), his voice didn't suffer at all. You know how you can tell that people are singing live by the fact that their voices don't sound as polished as they do on records? Well there was none of that here. His voice was pitch perfect at all times and in my opinion he sounds even better live on some songs that he does on his records. I loved hearing him sing my favourites and he made me like even the songs that I deemed average SO MUCH MORE! My favourite performances were 'Shooter', 'Angel', 'Wanna love you girl (he did Pharell's rap and I thought he was pretty good' and 'Teach you a lesson'.

My one gripe with him apart from him being late? He didn't sing 'Superman' or 'I need Love'; my favourite songs on the album. Otherwise, it was an experience that I can't wait to repeat! Plus he had a cute bassist; Greg - the first picture above.



22 comments:

BiMbyLaDs** said...

FIRST!! ive been MIA on ur blog.. let me go and read all...
Jazz cafe is really cool

LondonBuki said...

This Bimby sef! LOL!

You know I am jealous of you... anyway I got Robin Thicke's album so I'll listen to that instead.

vindication through innocence said...

oh my days...i love him!!like LOVE!! bought his first ever album- when he had short hair and noone knew about him!!so he was amazing!!he musta done lost without you!!aww.really wish i payed attn when peeps were talkin bout his concert- i was too busy bloggin!!

Noni Moss said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE ROBIN THICKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY and he was absolutely amazing. Seeing those photos is bringing it all back. He was simply FANTASICMENT!!!!

Uzo said...

No, No, No. First of all, the bassist is sooooo cute.I could just ...i dont know. But he is so cute. And then Robin Thicke...Lucky you....I am in love with this man,..How could he not do superman? Although i have read that the song is so personal to him. He hardly performs it. Oh my...Put up more pictures.

iconoclastic said...

Smallie, u had fun oh, u didnt call me n c me thinkin ill invite u 4 bankolemoh stew ehn?

zaiprincesa said...

my baby daddy...*sigh*...sorry Paula...glad u had fun, V...

. said...

I'm listening to him on Westwood right now, his voice is madd deepp. (no homo!)

p.s you were a goody two shoes abi, we have beef

TMinx said...

He must have had a good reason to be late :). I need to go listen to this guy to see what all the ghye is about. The guy in the pic isss cute.

Anonymous said...

robin thicke is great...i love lost without you.he's wife is such a babe too

Noni Moss said...

mmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - the bassist. He was even finer in person. The things I would do to him ...

Mari said...

Nice, I'll definitely check his show out if he ever comes my way since you say its worth it.

Greg is hot!

ps. I thought everyone had already seen the picture that was why I took it down. Sorry luv - I'll email it to u right away.

Anonymous said...

hey,check out
http://renegade-theworldwithoutme.blogspot.com/search?q=

Admin UD said...

don't know dat most female bloogers here are horny. Na wa to yu pipulo.

Una wan kill da poor guy with LUST...lmao

naijabelle said...

Robin thicke is just the best right now if i hadknown bout the concert, i would have made my way there.The cute bassist reminds me of one of the blokes in soul food.

Biodun said...

Robin Thicke is hott n the bassist is smoking, wow lucky u, I need to find out when he coming 2 a city near me.

Bella Naija said...

Wooooooooooooot
All I need is Robin's voice and Greg's....all of Greg LOL
Luv it! Seems like a really intimate performance (as per small crowd and all)....Nice one

Mr.Fineboy said...

Robin Thicke is really good 4 real. Wasn't his dad a famous singer as well? "Lost without you" is heavy....
Nice post, Vickii!

Doc A said...

Greg is hot!! I want Greg! LOL

Anonymous said...

Awwh. Robin is so my latest music idol.Saw him on Oprah this week and was I so numbed...in a good way.lol.
Wont be needing this Greg. My Mr. is all of Greg and more.lol.
As for Mr Thicke....DJ keep playing his song.

Anonymous said...

chei, that greg guy is hot.......i received the robin thicke album yesterday as a present.....im in the middle of listening to it....

Anonymous said...

waaaaoouuuu Greg is so cute!!! i've got a picture of me and him on my myspace page.... ^^ ps: i like ur blog!!!<>