Friday, December 01, 2006

If I don't tell you enough how I feel about you
It is because I assume that you already know
Now that you're going away
I’m through with assuming, I want to tell you exactly how I feel

I'm happier when I'm with you
I'm always laughing when you're around
Everything makes me smile when I see you smile. You make me smile
I love the fact that I can spend hours in your presence and not feel the need to say anything
I love that I can rant for ages and yet you make me feel like every word I utter is just as valid as the first

I love the ways in which you constantly challenge me.
I respect you
I value your opinions
I demand from myself the same high standards that you continuously demonstrate in everything you do
I admire you
I believe in you

I love your hair and your eyes and your perfect lips
I love everything about you
I even love you when you're grumpy in the morning or moan at me for forgetting to do something

I'm pretty sure I could live without you, but I sure as hell have no inclination to try

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice and very well written

Mari said...

hmmm interesting. Does this have anything to do with McNaughty???

Anonymous said...

lolllllllll - good question Mari. Go on Vickii, pls do tell, those ths oh soo lovely poem have something to do with a certain McNaughty?

Anonymous said...

No dont tell me this has something to do with McNaughty!

Heck! Tell me you wrote it for me :D because it is lovely written!!

LondonBuki said...

Awwww... I hope he(she??) has read this, Really sweet!

So he(she??) is going away?

Unknown said...

People people people ... did you actually read my post on mcnaughty??? No, this is not about him and unfortunately it's not about anybody I know! I would love to tell you I've felt this way about someone!

To clarify, this is from one fictional character to another! It's an extract from something else I was writing ... unfortunately all fiction!

LondonBuki said...

LOL!!!

I knew it cos you said McNaughty had a shaved head!!! LOL!!!

And he is here for a while...

Nice write up anyway :-)

Uzo said...

Fiction? LOL. Wow. You had me wondering who the lucky guy is...

Unknown said...

Okay, I admit it ... this is about Naijadude!

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet!!!!!
I love your blog by the way...

Justme said...

aw damn! Hopeless romantic that i am, i was almost tearing up!

Favoured Girl said...

Sweet post. There's someone out there who is worth this write-up.

Poetic Justice said...

so sweet a poem . This is something that my guy says to me all the time and I pay him no mind. I love to hear it as opposed to just hearing it sometimes.

Lovely post though. Thanks for visiting my blog. Chat later girl

Biodun said...

I loved the poem or extract, fictional, thought it was about a guy in your life, lol, o well

Anonymous said...

*sniff*....y r u making me long for my own "him"???..lol....this is lovely

Anonymous said...

darn! i was looking forward to some juicy gist! lol

nice poem...

Anonymous said...

ok its been 5 days already ...

(impatiently tapping my fingers)

Anonymous said...

Long time coming!.... Another post coming eh???

Omoba said...

aaawww, this is the sweetest thing! I was surfing blogs and ran into urs ...nice!