Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I Miss having Someone

I miss having someone

Someone who doesn’t have to find me interesting, or find me funny, or even care what I think
And yet he is fascinated by everything I say, and he can’t help the burst of laughter that escapes him every time I make a joke, and he always wants to know my opinion

I miss having someone

Someone who I think I’ve told everything to, and yet he finds new ways to learn even more
Someone I spend hours talking to on the phone and then curse in jest as I fall asleep at my desk
Someone who can make a grasp of my hand feel like the most illicit thrill of all
Someone who can make my entire night simply by being in the same room

I miss having someone
I miss holding hands
I miss kissing
I miss the naughty touching

I miss having someone who can always figure me out, even when I really don’t want him to
I miss having someone who knows all my dreams and fears even better than I do
I miss having someone who knows when to give me my space, and when to hold me so close I feel like he might never let go

I miss having someone

And then I ask myself, ‘how can I miss something I never had?’

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww...
it happens to all of us...
we all feel this way at one point or the other...
one thing is certian...the person will come at the right time!

DiAmOnD hawk said...

totally relatable

LondonBuki said...

Well written...

I especially love the last sentence... "How can I miss something I never had?"

Biodun said...

Like this entry, very well written

NaijaBloke said...

Nicely written ....

Oya go get someone now if u miss someone ...LOL

Have a nice day

Favoured Girl said...

You will find him, he's just round the corner....

TMinx said...

Someone is probably missing you too.

Noni Moss said...

Wow - where do i start?

Ok your first poem! Very very nice. very heartfelt and honest! Me likey a lot! Plus the content ...

HAHA - YOU WANT A MAN!!! So despite all the denials, you want a maaannnnnnnnnnn (sing song voice)

Anonymous said...

This was sweet, and I can totally relate.

Uzo said...

I love it and i relate to it. Unlike you, i have had this and it makes the yearning even worse....Lovely post

Anonymous said...

Uuummmmm

Suby