Thursday, October 05, 2006

I love this girl’s blog … painfully honest, extremely insightful and very funny at times. So in response to Overwhelmed Naija Babe’s tag, here goes:

‘Me’ in 80 Sentences

My favourite food is Thai green chicken curry. My favourite type of food is Thai, or maybe Caribbean, no, definitely Nigerian, or Greek, hmm I do love Italian. I can be indecisive. I’m 5’4” and a bit. People think I’m smaller. I’ve read more books than anyone else I know. Reading isn’t as much of a pleasure as is used to be. I wish James Patterson would take the time and write only really great thrillers like he used to, instead of churning out five mediocre books a year. I’ll only commit to watching a film if I think I’ll like it. I can’t help thinking that 2 hours is a long time to never get back. I’ll never walk out of a film I don’t like, no matter how boring it is. The only book I have never finished is ‘Perfume’. I have watched ‘The notebook’ about 25 times. I get shivers down my spine every time. I speak Greek. I wish I spoke Spanish. It’s a sexy language. I want to have twins; a boy and a girl. My favourite perfume is Stella McCartney’s Stella. It used to be Estee Lauder’s Pleasures. I desperately want to learn how to surf. I love the ocean. It could be because I’m a Pisces. I love cooking. I hate cleaning but I’m obsessively clean. I hate shopping but I love clothes. I hate the sales but I like a bargain.

I’m always making lists. I think Helena Christiansen is the most beautiful woman in the world. Sexiest man is a toss up between Josh Hartnett and my new favourite guy Wentworth Miller. I like my bum and hate my hips. I like my hair but hate my skin. I think I’m a good person. I think most people consider me to be a good person. My biggest flaw is that I hold other people to the same high standards I expect from myself. Most people would agree. I make the best chocolate brownies in the world. I shared the recipe with my sister and cousin so I guess they make pretty good brownies too. I would love to adopt an Indonesian baby. I have two tattoos. I’ll probably get more. My mum understands me more than anybody else. I thank God everyday for my family because they’re pretty amazing. I don’t go to church as much as I should. I’m making the effort to go more. I wish I could play the guitar. My longest relationship lasted 4 months. It shouldn’t have lasted more than 4 days. I wish I had half as much imagination as JK Rowling does.

I can’t imagine my life without the music of Michelle Branch, Lene Marlin, Boyz II Men, Lionel Richie, Bryan Adams, Damien Rice, Dru Hill and Christina Aguilera. I want to be a book editor when I grow up. I never wanted to be rich. My favourite city in the whole wide world is New York. If I could go anywhere tomorrow, it would be Hawaii. I’m not scared of spiders. I’m terrified of snakes. I have a recurring nightmare that the day before my wedding I realise I’m not in love with my fiancée and I don’t want to marry him. I wait until the wedding day to tell him. I think I might have issues with commitment. I wish I didn’t have issues with commitment. I’m very sarcastic. I can’t help it. I don’t think I’ve ever had a best friend. I don’t mind that I’ve never had a best friend. I don’t wear yellow gold. I cry when I am frustrated. Funnily enough, the only other time I cry is when I’m faced with examples of basic human decency. I always wear trainers. I love that I grew up in Nigeria. I had an amazing childhood. I’ve never been in love.

I really wish Sex and the City hadn’t finished. Grey’s anatomy is good compensation. What about Friends? There’s nothing to compensate for Friends. I read too many magazines. I’ve got my mum addicted to magazines. I like baking even more than I like cooking. I once dated an Indian boy. I wish I could take good photographs. I don’t swear. I have never seen any of the Lord of the Rings or Star Wars movies.

10 comments:

LondonBuki said...

Ok! Where do I begin?

I wish I could speak Spanish and French!

I can tell you I have read more books than you!!! LOL! How would we ever be able to tell? I once thought about being a book editor... then a critic... then I decided I'll just stick to reading books and leave the hard work to others!

U haven't watched LOTR? have watched all THREE. As for Star Wars, I haven't watched the 3 new ones that came out in the past few years, and the older ones from our childhood, i think I was around the TV when they came on but I never really watched them.

U can speak Greek...? Nice, I can only speak English (and Yoruba ofcourse). I still watch re-runs of SATC on Paramount and E4 and re-runs of friends on E4! Grey's Anatomy, I love it! It's on today!

I have issues with commitment but in a totally different way - I just don't trust men!

My fav perfume is Hypnotic Poison by Christian Dior.

I really can't be bothered to write this up in my blog so sorry for the long comment... LOL!

Last thing - I totally agree with you about reading not being as much of a pleasure as it used to be.

Ok, I'm done. Very interesting insight into your life and YUP You are 'Not Most Girls'... LOL!

Favoured Girl said...

Wow you speak Greek!! I have had it in mind to learn more foreign languages but I just haven't committed to it :( I want to learn French, Spanish and Italian.

I too want twins badly, a boy and a girl, the main reason is so that I only go through pregnancy and labour ONCE!!

I don't like yellow gold either, I prefer white gold or silver. And I've not watched any of the LOTR or Star Wars movies either. Nice post!

LondonBuki said...

I think (and hope and pray) I will have twins! My mummy is a twin so I am halfway there! ;-)

Unknown said...

@ Buki and tp: I can't take credit for speaking Greek, my mum is Greek and my dad speaks it too so we learnt it at the same time we learnt English. I haven't learnt any other languages!

LOL at how we all want twins ... Buki, you're much closer than me, I've got no twins at all anywhere in my family and only ever dated a twin once ... hmm, I need to rethink my strategy.

Thanks tp that I'm not the only human being in the world who hasn't seen the LOTR and Star Wars films!

Oh and Buki, not all men are bad, there are some great ones out there so get over your trust issues! Lol a little saying about the pot and kettle comes to mind here.

LondonBuki said...

Ok... so you had no choice BUT you can still speak GREEK!

Not only is my mother a twin, some of her other siblings are twins too!!! Twins coming right up! LOL!!! LOL @ rethinking your strategy!

Ummm... 1982, that saying was just going thru my mind too... Just playing, I know and I am working on that problem.

NaijaBloke said...

Just got bounced to ur blog and I can say I had a nice read.

Will be back ..

Dont worry u r every normal guys dream of a GF.. lol

Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

OMG no lord of the rings or star wars????? i'm a lord of the rings junkie!!!!

we love the same perfume :)I'm going to link you to my blog this weekend!!!

book updates?

Unknown said...

@ Naija Bloke: Thank you for the compliment, lol I'm not sure most guys I know will agree with you!

@ Onada: You know what they say about great minds and Stella is pretty great. I haven't written much this month but it's only the beginning ... trust me, 6000 words coming up!

NaijaBloke said...

I know most guys wont agree with me,thats why I said every "normal"' LOL

Anonymous said...

i really liked reading this. absolutely. you sound like an interesting person. hmmm...