Monday, May 14, 2007

My Best Friend's Wedding Update

The wedding was amazing ... My lovely cousins Suby and Sinem were there with their cameras snapping away and here are some of their photos on http://suby.shutterchance.com/

I'll post a couple of mine at some point but they're not half as good as Suby and Sin's!


Just like I predicted, I cried at the registry on Friday - they got married in a castle in Shrewsbury and because they do not attend the local church, they couldn't legally get married there, they could only have a blessing. My relatives from Greece, my immediate family and a couple of her friends were at the registry and when we were all asked to stand up as they walked in, I welled up a bit but I managed to get a grip on myself. They said their vows and it was pretty funny at times because they all had to say my sisters name about three times during the ceremony; she has a Greek middle name, and a Nigerian middle name and surname and it is a bit of a mouthful and Gavin struggled with it every time so we all laughed. Then at the end, they started playing that song that they play at a lot of weddings when the bride walks down the aisle; the classical track that Coolio sampled on 'C U when you get there'. If anyone knows what it is called please tell me because I can't remember for the life of me what it is called. Anyway, that just got me started again and I was discreetly dabbing the tears from my eyes when my aunt seating next to me started sniffing too. Then Kitty's friends sitting in front of me heard us sniffing, looked round, and then went 'awww, are you okay?'. That got the tears flowing even more and everyone turned around to look at us ... Gavity (my celeb moniker for them as a couple) even laughed at me. Then the next morning, I was telling Kitty about my dad's friend who was coming up from London. He had decided to leave London at 6:30 and he was telling us that he kept waking up during the night so that he wouldn't oversleep. I was telling her just so she would know how much it meant to a lot of people that they were invited to be a part of her day and the thought of how far people had come overwhelmed me and I started tearing up again to cries of 'Not again Vickii!' from Kitty and the other bridesmaids.

I was fine on the saturday though. But then after all her make up and hair, as we walked down the stairs to go to the church, Kitty suddenly welled up and she was waving her hand in front of her eyes so that she wouldn't cry. You'll all be glad to know that I saved the moment though by saying 'boo boo boo' (don't ask, I just wanted her to stop crying so she would get to the church on time)!

It was such a beautiful ceremony and such a fun day! Honestly I've never seen all my aunts and uncles dance like they did in the night, some of them have some moves! And Gavity had an amazing time and were very happy by how it all turned out ... it was a beautiful wedding!


24 comments:

Anonymous said...

the pic is sooo lovely. it all looks soooo.....magical

Admin UD said...

One HEAVY word: fantabulous

KemiMamaLopes said...

Ahh small world, aburo. I thought the picture looked familiar but was not sure. Great to see the pics. Subomi posted the collage on the family website. Love, Kemi.

PS. I am sure I can make off with that Yam pounder now :)

Bella Naija said...

awwwwww
Congrats...
So looked absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!

Wish 'gavity' all the best in their marriage!

Anonymous said...

Vickii,

Aaaaww, lovely words as always, you definitely are a wordsmith :)

Suby

Uzo said...

Ahhh...Shucks. I almost tearing up as well....So beautiful...

CandySprinkles said...

Aww! The bride and the groom are ADORABLE! I would have cried too if it was my sis getting married. Glad you had fun.
By the hoo, the wedding song you're thinking of is "Canon in D"

soul said...

Okay NO WAY!.
Vickii... that is you. stop telling everyone that it's your little sister. lol
You guys look alike.like twins lol
Gosh the pics I've seen are soo beautiful, i wanna start crying lol

Oh by the way re: the classical track...I think the one you ae referring to is Pachabel's Canon

Anonymous said...

Hey, great to know about your best friend's wedding!Hope you had a wonderful time there and enjoyed to the hilt.Waiting to see the wedding photos. Cheers!

Unknown said...

I had seen the pictures on Suby and sinem's photoblog before you posted the link. So thats Kitty and Gavin - Kool!!

Wishinh them a very happy married life.

adumaadan - Blacktinkerbell said...

Omigosh! You're Christiana's sister and you do look like her. How come I didn't see the resemblance before?

aaaaaawww! now, i've got tears in my eyes.

racquelle-cutie said...

awwwwwww i wish them a happy married life and hope they have loads of babies.
One thing i can never understand is why people cry at weddings????????

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh... she is absolutely beautiful! and so is her husband.. i'm so happy for them.. i can just picture you sobbing your eyes out there.. awwww

naijabelle said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwh! SO CUTE!
May God bless their union.

Biodun said...

Congrats again to your sista, the pics are so beautifullllllllllll

Anonymous said...

they are so beautiful!hope it stays that way...congrats

Naija Vixen said...

awww,the pictures were great...and ur write-up...beautiful!

Mari said...

LOL @ Gavity! Are u responsible for that name, Vickii? The pictures are all so beautiful and I keep forgetting to let you know that ure parents look smashing.

All the best to "Gavity"... :)

Andrew F. Alalade said...

Vickii daaamn! You are so emotional, I wonder how u would be on your own wedding...lol!

diary of a G said...

awwwwwww

TMinx said...

Saw the pics last week. She is gorgeous! I'm glad you all had a good time

temmy tayo said...

She is beautiful and those pics are lovely.

Daddy's Girl said...

Awww... 'Gavity' are such a lovely couple.. they look so happy and in love (love the 'Enchanted Kiss' photo). May that continue to be their story. Thanks for sharing the pics.

vindication through innocence said...

geez!!small world!!suby and co are like the nigerian Paul Largerfeld-real nice people with even nicer pics!!k i dont know them personally nor have i been introduced to them but ive heard smashing stuff-you know 9ja peeps-lol!!lemme go have a look at the pics