Friday, July 13, 2007

A Bit of This and That ...

I've got so much stuff going on in my head but I just can't write! I start writing and then lose steam halfway through, or I think of something that I desperately want to get down on paper, I start writing it down and suddenly it just seems so trivial and not worth actually expressing.

I've been in a weird mood lately, kind of like a funk and it's strange because I'm not normally like this but I guess a lot of stuff is getting to me all at the same time, mainly friends and work. So here's the thing about me, I have A LOT of flaws but I'm not at all selfish and I'm not at all self absorbed. Ironically, or maybe it's just the laws of attraction, my friends tend to be pretty selfish and especially self absorbed and it can be so exhausting at times. Some of them know it and I'm comfortable enough with them that I can bring it to their attention if they do something that gets to me, but recently, an old friend has come back into my life, one who can be extremely lovely but is also pretty selfish and remarkably self absorbed. My dilemma with her is 'do I give her a chance, put up with the stuff that bothers me because on the whole she's a nice girl? Or do I nip this re-newed friendship in the bud knowing that chances are, we won’t be friends this time next year because at some point, I became so exasperated with her selfishness that I ended our friendship. Surely it'll be easier for both of us if we stop getting closer now, and just become 'hi' ... 'hi' friends?

On a more upbeat note, I have met, seen and hung out with a lot of fellow bloggers and commentators recently! Favoured Girl, Chica Africana and I are now facebook friends. I discovered that Biodun and I went to school together and she's hidden it from me this entire time. T.Minx, LB, Last King of Scotland, Low, Fine Boy, commentator Dimples and I were all at Olawunmi's 30th Birthday party which was so much fun. And then Low, Noni and I went to get Nigerian food the following day ... the best pounded yam and Okro soup I have ever eaten! And the meat was so well cooked, I could even cut the pomo and shaki with a fork and knife.

I've been feeling like I need to get away from everything for a while but unfortunately my next holiday isn't till September when I go to Greece for 10 days with Noni and Onada, if she gets her act together and applies for a visa. Oh that reminds me, I need to send her an invitation letter. If I could go anywhere now, it'd be a toss up between Hawaii and Manhattan. Actually, the way I'm feeling now, it would have to be Hawaii ... sea, sun and surf lessons complete cute surf instructor would definitely lift my mood ;p

Finally .... Okay, don't make a big deal out of this you guys, but for the first time in a really long time, I think maybe, just maybe, it would be nice to have someone ... like a boyfriend. Now don't get excited, I'm not going to go out looking for one, but lets just say I'm open to the possibility.

I promise I'll try and blog properly next week.

Have a great weekend!!

33 comments:

mochafella said...

Why does eating pounded yam and okro with a fork and knife suddenly sound like a cardinal sin.

cinnamonqueen said...

wowowo! say what?!
did you say you maybe, just maybe wouldn't mind having someone in your life? miss vickii, are we mellowing into mid-twenties? :P (ok, feel free to punch me when you see me next)
enjoy your weekend. not to worry too much about writing, babe, it'll come to you when you're ready...
about that friend, i'd say, tread with caution.
x
sin

Ms. May said...

Yay! I got a mention. LOL. And I saw the pics from Olawunmi's party....it looked like an absolute blast. Now...if only I could figure out who FineBoy is....LOL.

Azuka said...

That 'maybe' sounds very strong. Ahem!

soul said...

what about a weekend break vickii?.
Nip over to vienna for saturday or wander around prague on a sunday afternoon. It probably won't cost less than 50bucks and would do you the world of good to just get away from everybody you know for a minute.

re: friendships. Honey if you can't put up with one more selfish friend, then you can't. she might be a nice person and that's fine but You just might have reached the quota of number of selfish people in your life.
Selfish people require a lot of giving, they are not bad, (as you know) they just require a lot of giving, and you can only do that to soo many people and soo many times before it gets to you.

Vickii, you deserve gentility too, you deserve reciprocated emotional support and giving from a friend as well. If this friend can't add the positivity you need to your life or can only do so with a 'clause' attached, then it might help to evaluate why You are considering her in your life.
again, Vickii... you are important. No matter what, always remember that you are important..

finally, a lover would suit you fine, someone to be into you just like you deserve to have. Someone to share those quite times. Someone aside from your friends to focus on. Adult companionship where you both vibe off each other. I'm glad you are open to the possibility, cos you deserve it.

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

we all go through the phase of maybe wanting someone in our lives, but regarding your friend, if you really believe it would be taxing, discuss it with her, even she is nice she would understand, and from her response you will be able to know, if its worth getting close.

Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

aww at least you updated!! come to manhattan and then u can see me!!! i cant wait to go to greece. i'm definately applying for the visa. SEND MY LETTER.

keep me updated on the hot guys you meet......you meet like 10 a day..come on vicks u have to like at least 1?????? lol

i updated my blog ;)

Naija Vixen said...

Aww...low points then comes high points...you'll be better babes...have a great weekend too!!!

Obinwanne said...

pounded yam with fork and knife... i can imagine!

Unknown said...

Mochafella & Obinwanne, let me clarify, I DO NOT eat pounded yam with a fork and knife but I usually save assorted meat till last because it is usually tough and slippy, not a good combo so I attack it with a fork and knife. Please, do I look like someone that doesn't know how to enjoy pounded yam ;p

Soul: You've obviously had your share of selfish friends because you totally understand where I'm coming from. Thanks for everything you say I deserve.

I went to good old birmingham for the weekend and I have to say it did me a world of good!!

zaiprincesa said...

aww Ms Vicki...pele...It go better...if you feel like your friendship with someone is like extra baggage, then drop it...QUICK!...you are entitled to be ALL ABOUT U in that manner...ur mental well-being should come first...

hmm, so ure going to Greece...im so jealous...i wanna go to mykonos so bad...pls can i ride in ur luggage??..lol...Hope u had a peaceful wknd....

Biodun said...

I hope u feel better now? About ur friend's issue, been in d a similar situation n after I tried a 2nd to be close 2 her again, it didnt work n now we r hi n hello friends unfortunately, but its always good 2 give people a 2nd chance anyways, you neva know!
I feel bad for keeping my identity a secret now, lol
I am so jealous about ur vacation plans, I need one so badly, lol

Uzo said...

Gasp! A boyfriend? LOL....Wow. Vickii. Wow....

Maybe you just need a break. Self absorbed friends? Hey we all have them.....

And this your planned vacation sounds divine

anyaegbu said...

it seems everyone is going through their phase with selfish friends and all. Been there, done that!
I can totally relate to this post, like literally.

mochafella said...

lol, easy lassie. Don't take my head off just yet.

Mr.Fineboy said...

I feel you on the friend thingy, Vickii. Cut that selfish joker off...and about bf's...stay open to the possibility. Boys aren't that bad u know!

cinnamonqueen said...

babes, blogspot is messing me up. i am trying to post something, i can see it on my page when i do 'view blog' when i am signed in; but when i sign out and visit page, it is not there. is this normal or am i dysfunctional? :/

Andrew F. Alalade said...

Meeeen, seems like you are having so much fun. How did you get to meet all these fellow bloggers? How come I don't meet anyone? Laffs..

An-Igbo-Dude said...

i have only met two bloggers (and thats cos i knew them b4 blogville)

anyway, lovely blog. keep it up

would definitely be stopping by regularly

cheers

(p.s. would have asked u out but i am hooked, sorry about that)

Anonymous said...

ur long lost friend reminds me on toni in the show girlfriends...as in selfish and self absorbed but wonderful when she chooses

Anonymous said...

Did I just read somewhere that you feel the urge to have a Boyfriend in your life? U trying to tell your cuz there is hope for Vicky? LOL, okay that is an open invitation to all them boys out there to start toasting, however, remind them they still have to go through ME.
Suby

NigeriaPolitricks.com said...

Ummmmmh, I hear you looking 4 a BF, huh? Well, let me check u out...to see if you got bootylicious bakassi, banging pointers, bodi to die 4 and some juicy lips.(*rubbing chin, thinking*) Anywayz, anybodi that got scoop on Vickii, holla@NP!

I'M OUT!

LondonBuki said...

Yeah... you need a break. I guess it didn't help that you were not feeling 100%

(((HUGS)))

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Hey wishing you the very best in your race tomorrow.

temmy tayo said...

Hope you feel loads better now vickii?

Kafo said...

DITCH THE GIRL
yeah yeah friends r good esp. old ones
but with DRAMA
self absorbed people that only tear u down
seriously
my sister did this and now she is like I shouldn't have

so yeah

i say ditch the girl

diary of a G said...

awwwww

cinnamonqueen said...

how did the race go?

Unknown said...

Hey everyone, Thanks a lot for the comments and suggestions ...I feel a lot better about everything in general now ... getting away really helped and everything seems clearer.

The race was good but I was about 1min 20secs slower than my last 5k time so I was kind of disappointed about that but you know, these things happen!!

Noni Moss said...

UPDATEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! (said in a roar)

Ms. Catwalq said...

next week has passed....

uknaija said...

Pls update

jadedjune said...

dont worry, its not just you thats thinking of this boyfriend issue.....

;-)